S-L Distribution Company, Inc
Welcome and congratulations! If you have made it here, you are well on your way to becoming a valued member of the S-L Distribution Company, Inc team. In the coming days and weeks, you will receive a wealth of information about Independent Business Owners and the necessary steps you need to take to set up your business. In conjunction with S-L Distribution Company, Inc, the Independent Distributor Alliance (IDA), has put together a comprehensive program to address all of the specific needs you will encounter throughout this process. The IDA is a business association that specializes in providing services to the independent distributor community. Our footprint is nationwide and our capabilities include limited legal, insurance, and accounting assistance, as well as other services to the bread, snack, meats, beverage, tool and package delivery markets.
Below you will find a brief summary of the three main steps involved in becoming part of the S-L Distribution Company, Inc team. Remember, these must all be completed before you can begin running your route so please allow ample time to complete the process. In most cases, this takes no more than a few days; however, certain states do have lengthy incorporating time schedules. It is best that you speak with a member of the IDA staff as soon as possible to begin.
Step 1: Incorporating
- In order to start your contract with S-L Distribution Company, Inc you must first form a legal business entity.
- This can be a C Corporation, S Corporation, or a Limited Liability Company.
- Depending on the state and type of legal entity, the time and costs will vary.
- You will also need an employment identification number (EIN) which the IDA staff WILL provide for you at no additional charge.
- For more information on pricing for this step, please visit our Incorporating Services section or call our knowledgeable and friendly legal department for assistance.
Step 2: Credit Application
- If financing is required, a credit application will be necessary.
- This paperwork should be in the packet you receive from S-L Distribution Company, Inc.
- S-L Distribution Company, Inc has made arrangements with several lending institutions on your behalf so this process can be handled correctly and expeditiously.
- Any general questions about this step can be fielded by our staff here at the IDA; however, for more specific questions it is best that you talk to your contact person at S-L Distribution Company, Inc.
Step 3: Insurance Services
- You will be required to have a compliant Commercial Auto and General Liability policy IN THE NAME OF THE BUSINESS ENTITY!
- Proof of coverage must be provided in the form of a Certificate of Insurance with S-L Distribution Company, Inc listed as an additional insured.
- The IDA has negotiated the appropriate coverage at a significant savings through its business associations.
- To get a free quote please click the "Request a Quote" button at the bottom of this section.
- If you are interested in other insurance products such as Health or Life, more information can be found in our Programs section.
Request a Quote
S-L Distribution Company, Inc Insurance Requirements
$1,000,000 Single Limit Liability
Comp and Collision @ $500 Deductibles
Hired and Non-Owned Auto ($1,000,000 in Liability)
General Liability Including Inland Marine
$1,000,000 each Occurrence, $2,000,000 Aggregate
$1,000,000 Products Liability each occurrence, $2,000,000 Aggregate
$5,000 Products Coverage
$5,000 Computer Coverage
As always, it is our goal to provide you with the best service possible. If you have any questions regarding these steps, please do not hesitate to call us. We can be reached at (877) 819-7819 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm EST.